Saturday 31 October 2020

BBC Points West

 I received a friend request on Facebook from someone I didn't know. I checked out her profile just to be sure, saw we had no mutual friends and her interests didn't look like mine so declined....but then I spotted that she'd also sent me a message. My curiosity took hold and I opened it to find she was connected with the BBC and they were looking to do a 'piece' on competitive jigsaws - would I be happy to be interviewed? 

Sure, why not! I'm always happy to talk puzzles and agreed.

It was soon set up, and what became apparent rather quickly is that the piece was actually to be about me specifically and my competitive puzzling - well this increased the nerves. I'm very happy with my geeky little hobby, but also realise it leaves plenty of room for people to have a laugh at my expensive. I needn't of worried - the reporter and cameraman took it all very seriously and made me feel totally at ease. The finished segment was a mixture of humour and understanding and I wasn't too embarrassed by how I came over on camera. 

Here's hoping some people watched and felt good about owning up to also being a puzzler!


No comments:

Post a Comment