Thursday 31 August 2017

LINE CUT MISERY!!

It appears I have become to be known as 'that crazy lady, who will give anything a go'. Therefore when I was approached by a fellow BCD member with the words - 'I have a puzzle for you, it is too tricky for me, I've made a start but...' - I knew I was in for a challenge. Particularly because the member in question is a very good line cut jigger himself. Anyway, he had made a start on the birds and large shell and I was presented with the rest. I am not a fan of line cut jigsaws in the first instance, and this one seemed to follow no colour logic. However, my pride got in the way and instead of giving up I struggled on and did complete it. I can't say I enjoyed it, but at least I can say it didn't beat me. It is now all packaged and ready to be shown at the next BCD meeting.

Time taken: I don't wish to think about it....

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see this lovely jigsaw complete. I spotted it at the 2017 BCD House Party, and included it in my album of photos of the event on flickr. I know line-cut push-fits seem like an unnecessary form of torture, but I promise that when you get the taste for them they will become the ones that you search out. For me, more difficult smaller jigsaws were the way to get more hours of fun (!) out of the least puzzling space and monetary outlay.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/50241745@N05/33035074842/in/album-72157679806222315/

    ReplyDelete