Sunday 30 April 2017

Robert Opie Jigsaw Exhibit

I'd been told my members of the BCD that there was a jigsaw exhibit at the Museum of Brands in London. Dutifully, and with some excitement, I arranged a visit to London with my mum and amongst other things persuaded her to indulge my hobby and we make a visit to the museum. At first glance I wondered whether I had dragged her there for no reason. There were some very old dissected maps when you first entered the exhibit and then the puzzle seemed to dwindle away. However, on further inspection the puzzles were simply part of the larger exhibit which is organised in chronological order. What this meant is that you were able to see how the humble jigsaw has changed over time. It was lovely to see some of the brands that BCD members are keen to collect and at some points I almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about. No photos inside the exhibit, but of me on the outside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment