Sunday 12 July 2015

British Jigsaw Championships 2015

A slight change from my normal blog. Today was the 3rd annual British Jigsaw Championships. The last 2 years I have come 1st and 2nd respectively so was excited to see what today would bring. Last years winner had completed the jigsaw in just under 2 hours and as I hadn't managed that myself at home I wasn't to hopeful. The puzzle we were presented with was a Schmidt puzzle called 'The Four Seasons Garden' and it was good fun - well, at least until we got to the winter section, which proved a little harder. The result? Well I can 2nd again, but only lost by 3 minutes and managed to set a new PB of 2 hours exactly. More importantly I managed to persuade my sister to enter the 'Fun' category and she came 2nd herself - completing the puzzle in 4 hours 30 minutes....hmmmm.....maybe I should combine with her for the pairs event?!

If you think you would like to compete in 2016 then check out the website: http://jigsawfestival.org.uk/competition/

...and in the meantime....I need to start training to try and get under 2 hours!

P.s. the photo is my sister and not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment