Friday 29 August 2014

An Introduction


Hi, my name is Emma and I love Jigsaw Puzzles!
 

Now, if that makes you laugh, or if you aren’t interested in jigsaws then this may not be the blog for you. However if your interest has been piqued, read on.

A little background:
I have been doing jigsaws for as long as I can remember. I have fond memories of jigsaws being done at my paternal grandparents house, and in more recent years have enjoyed completing a Boxing Day jigsaw with my dad. I joined the Official UK Puzzle Club in 2006 and have completed puzzles from pretty much every puzzle genre. As far as skill goes, it would appear that I am a reasonable puzzler...I have not found a jigsaw I could not complete and in the last 3 years came 1st, 2nd and 2nd again at the British Championships (my current record for completing a 1000 piece being 2 hours - only 3 minutes behind the winning time). Presently I am used by a local group to check their second hand puzzles before they are sold at fundraising events.

Why I like doing jigsaws:
I like the challenge, I like the feel of slotting pieces together, I like finding that final pesky piece you have been searching for, I like sections beginning to take shape and form, I like not thinking about anything but the puzzle before me and I like the peace and quiet you can afford yourself when you need it.

3 things I like:
·         Bright, bold and busy designs
·         Losing yourself in a puzzle
·         Completing a puzzle with friends and chatting about your day

3 things I don’t like:
·         Dull, dark and dreary jigsaws
·         People who put pieces in uninvited thinking they are ‘helping’
·         People who ridicule puzzlers, thinking you have to be a child or old to enjoy this hobby

The purpose of this blog:
Well to start with, when you type Jigsaw Puzzle Blog into an internet search engine the results are somewhat limited. There are blogs from some companies and a couple of personal blogs, but nothing that really caught my eye. I can’t promise my blog will be the most interesting around, but it will be full of my thoughts and opinions on the puzzles I complete. I will aim to share with the reader the puzzles I have done, whether they were any good and what I’m looking forward to next.

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done Em! The blog looks great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog, I am looking forward to reading your posts, I love jigsaws too, and am also keen on the busier, bold designs in particular. I enjoy getting lost in completing a puzzle and forgetting everything else. I found your blog via your mum Mandy sharing it on facebook. All the best, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay,
      With the start of term upon me I need to get back into a manageable puzzling routine, but hope to have the next post out soon...as I have a puzzle just looking at me...waiting to be done!

      Delete
  3. Might take it up... Your inspiring. Love the blog sofar ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...you should take it up....good family time option.

      Delete